Counsellor and Client Statement of Understanding
My Responsibilities are that I;
1) Maintain full membership of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and follow the Ethical Framework of my professional body.
2) Maintain client confidentiality as set out in my “Statement of Understanding”.
3) Maintain professional indemnity insurance as appropriate to my professional practice.
4) Undertake regular Supervision of my Practice under professional guidance of the BACP.
5) Provide a professional counselling environment with appropriate professional boundaries.
6) Take full clinical responsibility for my clients and that my counselling premises (Ealing Cross, 85 Uxbridge Road, Ealing, London, W5 5TH) as they are not connected in any way in that respect to my counselling room host and employer, Workplace Options who do not have clinical responsibility for my private practice clients.
7) Respect your personal boundaries and that I will not contact you before 9.00 a.m. or after 9.00 p.m. each day in your respective time zone.
8) Adhere to my Equal Opportunities policy.
Your Responsibilities are that you;
1) Give 24 hours’ notice that you cannot attend a pre-arranged session enabling me to re-arrange the session at no charge.
2) Agree that failure to attend counselling session without 24 hours’ notice means that you accept to pay the full fee for that session as agreed at the beginning of the counselling intervention.
3) Are honest within the sessions and are willing to explore your concerns.
4) Ask questions when you do not understand or need clarification.
5) Discuss any concerns or reservations that you have about the counselling intervention with me,
6) Respect my personal boundaries when communicating with me e.g. not contact me before 9.00 a.m. or after 9.00 p.m. unless previously arranged.
Equal Opportunities Policy
David Stace - My Statement of Intent
This policy aims to ensure that no client, contractors, sub-contractors or customer suffers discrimination on the grounds of gender, gender identification, race, culture, creed, religion, nationality, age, disability, sexuality, class, political affiliation, marital, parental or financial status. No-one should be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be justified. All forms of discrimination are opposed.
Direct Discrimination: Refers to treating a person less favourably than others in similar circumstances.
Indirect Discrimination: Refers to the application of requirements which intentionally or not, have an adverse effect on one particular group.
Harassment: Is any behaviour, deliberate or otherwise, which is unwarranted, unwelcome, found to be offensive, objectionable, upsetting or embarrassing to the recipient.
Victimisation: Treating a person less favourably than others because he/she has exercised his/her rights under this policy.
1. To promote equal opportunities for all.
2. To make this policy known to all individuals and groups whom I work with.
3. The language of all official documents I create shall be non-discriminatory and adhere to all aspects of this stated equal opportunities policy.
4. All policies and practices operated by me will recognise and adhere to stated equal opportunities policy.
5. To examine and review this policy on a regular basis. Monitoring to ascertain its effectiveness and to make any necessary changes.
1. I will cooperate fully with this equal opportunities policy.
2. Not to discriminate.
3. Not to attempt to encourage others to discriminate.
4. Not to physically or psychologically harass, abuse or intimidate others.
5. To treat all complaints in respect of this Policy with respect and timely response to seek positive resolutions.
I will promote my services in a wide variety of publications, including electronic forms.
Advertising undertaken by me will seek to fulfil all aspects of the equal opportunities policy.
Practical Working Attitudes
All clients and those using my service will be equally accepted regardless of their gender, gender identification, race, culture, creed, religion, nationality, age, disability, sexuality, class, political affiliation, marital, parental or financial status.
I will be as aware as possible of cultural differences and not make assumptions about clients, supervisees, trainees and others that I have dealings with. Stereotypical thinking should be avoided.
Attention should be directed to the language used. I intend and will try to the best of my ability to be aware of cultural variables with all those with whom I work.
Any grievances regarding discrimination should be made to me in writing and the grievance will be discussed within my Supervision session in order to seek a positive resolution to the complaint,
All grievances will be treated in strictest confidentiality. After a period of consultation appropriate action will be taken to seek a resolution.
All therapeutic work undertaken by me is subject to appropriate code of ethics. I follow the ethical framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and this, my professional body, of which I am a member offers an alternative complaint route for those wishing to use it.